Each year at Greenbuild, the film festival screens submissions, including documentaries, films and informational videos. In keeping with this year’s conference theme, Leadership Jazz, the Greenbuild International Conference & Expo is seeking submissions that promote the global green building movement and address social, environmental, and health topics related to the built environment.
CALL FOR VIDEO & FILM SUBMISSIONS
Submissions will be accepted exclusively online through Friday, August 15, 2014 at 5 p.m., EST. Notifications of selected proposals will be made by August 25, 2014.
Submissions will be used solely for the purposes of the Greenbuild Film Festival and its promotion. USGBC will not return submissions once they have been received. USGBC reserves the right to use short clips of the film for promotion of the Greenbuild Film Festival.
FILM FESTIVAL FORMAT
Films will be shown consecutively according to a published schedule (see above). Announcement of the films chosen to be presented will be posted on the web prior to the event.
To be considered, the following entry criteria must be met:
- The submission must have been released since June 1, 2013.
- The total run time of the submission cannot exceed 120 minutes, and must be at least 30 minutes
- Any submission in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
- The submission may not promote any specific commercial products, processes, services, political views, or political candidates.
- The submission is not subject to litigation nor threatened by any litigation.
- USGBC reserves the right to exclude any submission deemed inappropriate for the Greenbuild Film Festival audience.
To qualify for consideration, films must have been released since June 1, 2013. They should feature information that promotes green building practices and/or address social, environmental, and health topics related to the built environment.
The following criteria will be used to select films:
- General overall appeal of the film to the green building community
- Breadth of information presented
- Timeliness of topic
Each submission must include:
- Brief synopsis of the film (100 words or less)
- Date of Release
- Run time
- Listing of Studio or Production company who released the film
- Hi res (300 dpi or higher) Promotional Photos
- Three full copies of the film for review in DVD format
- Confirmation that the individual submitting is duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and understands that the U.S. Green Building Council holds the right to screen the submission at the Festival and for promotional purposes pertaining to the festival including extracting clips from this film for promotional purposes. Along with presenting this film at other green building council conference around the world.
The QR Codes below have been provided in order to make returning to these pages convenient on your mobile device:
What are QR Codes? They are a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information for reading by the camera on a smartphone