2017 USGBC Scholarships to GREENBUILD
Do you believe everyone deserves healthy, safe, efficient green spaces to live, work, learn, and play? USGBC seeks community change-makers who share our vision and have the drive to make green buildings and sustainable communities accessible to all people and populations. Take the opportunity to convene with others who share your vision and drive at Greenbuild - the world's largest conference and expo dedicated to green building!
Apply for a scholarship to attend Greenbuild and the Communities & Affordable Homes Summit! Interested in applying? Fill out this quick interest form!
USGBC seeks scholarship applicants who are dedicated to advancing our mission in low-status and vulnerable communities. Scholarships are competitive and available to individuals with a demonstrated financial or other barrier to participation from audiences seeking to advance community health and sustainability through:
- Affordable Housing: Non-profit and governmental affordable housing providers
- Faith-based Organizations: Houses of worship and faith-based missions
- Veterans Affairs: Veterans seeking opportunities for training and community service
- Public and social services: Government, private, and non-profit community organizations
- Schools, Colleges, and Universities: K-12 schools designated as Title 1 by the U.S. Department of Education; private and charter schools and higher education campuses serving targeted populations (i.e. low-income communities, people with disabilities, minorities, etc); technical colleges, Historically Black Colleges & Universities
- Neighborhoods, districts, and towns: Development organizations advancing health and sustainability in low-income neighborhoods, small towns, rural communities, or reservations through the engagement of citizens with public and private institutions.
Three types of scholarships are available:
- Local Scholarships: These scholarships target applicants from the Boston area, and includes a 3-day conference pass registration to Greenbuild and registration to the Communities & Affordable Homes Summit (November 7-10, 2017).
- Regional Scholarships: These scholarships target U.S.-based applicants committed to long-term volunteer engagement with USGBC across our 8 regions. Scholarship includes a 3-day conference pass registration to Greenbuild and registration to the Communities & Affordable Homes Summit (November 7-10, 2017), roundtrip airfare and four nights shared hotel lodging in Boston, MA
- International Scholarships: These scholarships target applicants outside of the US committed to long-term volunteer engagement with their Green Building Council across 5 global regions. Scholarship includes a 3-day conference pass registration to Greenbuild and registration to the Communities & Affordable Homes Summit (November 7-10, 2017), roundtrip airfare and five nights shared hotel lodging in Boston, MA. Applicants must have approved access to enter the United States.Eligibility
- Be 18 years or older as of September 30, 2017.
- Have not attended Greenbuild in the past• Guarantee of attendance in the Communities & Affordable Homes Summit and Greenbuild from Tuesday November 7 to Friday November 10, 2017.
- Not be USGBC staff, or hold a volunteer leadership position with USGBC
- Demonstrate a valid and reasonable need for the scholarship as evidenced by the inability to attend Greenbuild without one, due to financial, location, and/or professional constraints
- Demonstrate how his or her background merits receipt of a scholarship
- Commitment to partnering with USGBC to advancing health and sustainability in local communities in 2018.
- June 15 All scholarship applications open
- June 30 International scholarship applications close
- July 14 Regional and local scholarship applications close
- July 17 International Scholarship recipients notified
- August 2 Regional and local scholarship recipients notified
- October 18 Scholarship Orientation
- November 6 All scholarship recipients arrive in Boston by 7 PM
- November 7 Communities & Affordable Homes Summit
- November 8-10 Greenbuild International Conference & Expo
- November 10 Scholarship recipients depart Greenbuild after 2 PM
*This timeline is subject to changeQuestions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.