USGBC and Greenbuild seek scholarship applicants who are working to advance green buildings and sustainable, equitable and healthy communities to join us at Greenbuild 2019 in Atlanta!
Scholarships are competitive and available to individuals with a demonstrated financial or another barrier. USGBC and Greenbuild seek applicants working in the community, economic & affordable housing development, environmental justice, education and other fields whose sustainability work centers around:
- Equitable Development: Development that focuses on people and place by reducing hardships and inequalities, while improving access and quality of life for vulnerable populations.
- New Technologies & Paradigms: Introduction of new technologies into the marketplace through forward-thinking paradigms, increasing access, creating opportunity, replicating to scale, and revolutionizing community development as we know it.
- Resilience: Strategies that enable vulnerable populations to survive, adapt and grow no matter what kind of chronic stress they experience. Climate resilience is not about “bouncing back,” but rather “bouncing forward” to eradicate the inequities and unsustainable resource use at the heart of the climate crisis.
- Health: Promotion of positive health outcomes in affordable housing and community reinvestment through health-related strategies and the incorporation of explicit health considerations into overarching sustainability goals.
Two types of scholarships are available:
- Registration-Only Scholarships: These scholarships primarily target applicants from the Atlanta area or the surrounding Southeastern region and includes a 4-day conference pass registration, including the Resilience Summit and the Greenbuild conference. Travel & lodging are NOT included.
- Travel & Lodging Scholarships: These scholarships target U.S.-based applicants committed to long-term volunteer engagement with USGBC across our 8 regions. The scholarship includes a 4-day conference pass registration, including the Resilience Summit and the Greenbuild conference, roundtrip airfare and four nights shared hotel lodging in Atlanta, GA.
- Be 21 years or older as of September 30, 2019.
- Have not attended Greenbuild in the past.
- Guarantee of attendance to Greenbuild from Tuesday, November 19 to Friday, November 22, 2019.
- Not be USGBC, GBCI, Greenbuild staff, contractor or hold a volunteer leadership position with USGBC, GBCI or Greenbuild.
- Demonstrate a valid and reasonable need for the scholarship as evidenced by the inability to attend Greenbuild without one, due to financial, location, and/or professional constraints.
- Demonstrate how his or her background merits receipt of a scholarship.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, or be currently located in the U.S. with authorization to attend this conference.
- Commitment to partnering with USGBC through our programs to advancing health and sustainability in local communities in 2020.